ABOUT Hiruzen Snow Festival
Hiruzen Snow Festival in Maniwa city is the perfect place to enjoy beautiful winter scenery. During the day, visitors can play and sled in the snow, learn how to make mini igloos, enjoy Hiruzen and Yokote “yakisoba” fried noodles, play in the larger igloos, and more. In the evening, approximately a thousand mini igloos are lit up by candlelight. This is a great location to visit with friends or family; children are welcome!
This event began as a result of an exchange relationship with Yokote City in Akita Prefecture. Snow carving experts and igloo craftsmen will be present at the Hiruzen Snow Festival to show visitors how to make igloos.
- This year’s festival is scheduled for February 4th and 5th, 2017.
- Entrance to the festival area is free of charge.
ABOUT THE AREA
Located in northern Okayama Prefecture, Maniwa City is known for its green meadows, rolling hills and pasture land. The largest city in Okayama Prefecture by area, it is home to 50,000 residents who are more than willing to share their natural playground with visitors. One of more well-known areas in Maniwa is Hiruzen, which has a ski resort, amusement park and pastures. In the winter, the area is a magnet for winter sport enthusiasts who flock to the plateau to test the slopes. In the summer, people come to beat the heat and enjoy the locally produced dairy products.
Other popular sightseeing locations include Kanba Waterfall, Yubara Hot Spring, Katsuyama historical district, and in spring the 1,000-year-old Daigo Zakura cherry tree.
Foodies will love the local specialties like Hiruzen yakisoba (fried buckwheat noodles), Hiruzen okowa (sticky rice with vegetables and chicken), and dairy products such as yogurt, cheese, and milk.
VISIT THIS LOCATION
Want to visit this sightseeing spot or the town it is in. Contact us for a custom-made tour. VisitWestJapan is part of the Ryobi Group of Companies. Offering the largest and best travel and transportation network in West Japan. Serving this area for over 100 years. Let us show the best that West Japan has to offer!
1) Detailed tour information & conditions will be given after application is made; please read and confirm the final itinerary before the departure date.
2) Reservations: Fill out the application contact form; application is complete upon payment. Reservations accepted by phone, mail, fax, online, or other communicative methods. The contract is not valid at time of reservation; the customer will be asked to submit an application form and payment within 3 days from time of reservation. If application form and payment are not submitted within the term, the reservation shall be considered void.
3) Items not included in tour price: Transportation costs not included in itinerary, optional tour fees, excess baggage fees, any fees of a personal nature (phone bills, meal costs, etc.) Items excluded from the tour will be stated in the tour information.
4) Cancellation fees: When the application is cancelled by the customer or when payment has not been made by the specified date, Ryobi Tours shall receive a percentage of the per person tour fee as a cancellation fee, or a penalty fee. Differences in room charges that result from one person in a group cancelling shall be charged to the participating person(s).
|Cancellation Date||Up to 21 days prior||20-8 days prior||7-2 days prior||Day prior to start of tour||Day of tour||After start of tour/non-participation with no contact|
|Cancellation Fee||No charge||20% of tour fee||30% of tour fee||40% of tour fee||50% of tour fee||100% of tour fee|